Prof. Dr.-Ing. Anke Schmeink geb. Feiten
Short Curriculum Vitae
|10/2012 - Present||Professor, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
|01/2019- Present||Co-founder, Clinomic GmbH
|04/2011 - 09/2011||Visiting Professor, The University of York, UK
|05/2008 - 09/2012||Assistant professor (Juniorprofessorin), RWTH Aachen University, Germany,
Information Theory and Systematic Design of Communication Systems
|11/2006 - 05/2008||Research Scientist, Philips Technologie GmbH Forschungslaboratorien, Medical Signal Processing|
|09/2006||Dr.-Ing. in electrical engineering and information
technology (summa cum laude),
RWTH Aachen University, Germany,
Dissertation: "Capacity Analysis and Resource Allocation in Wireless Communication Systems"
|03/2004 - 11/2006||Research and teaching assistant, RWTH Aachen University, Germany,
Chair of Theoretical Information Technology
|09/2005 - 12/2005||Visiting scientist at the University of Melbourne, Australia|
|08/2002 - 02/2004||Research and teaching assistant, RWTH Aachen University, Germany,
Laboratory on Stochastics in Computer Science
|10/1999 - 03/2000||Semester abroad at The University of York, UK|
|10/1997 - 06/2002||Graduate and undergraduate studies mathematics with a minor in medicine (summa cum laude),
RWTH Aachen University, Germany,
Thesis: "Stochastische Analyse des pi-persistenten Zugriffsprotokolls für unidirektionale Busse"
Awards & Scholarships
||Best Paper Award, IEEE PIMRC, co-author
||Best Paper Award, IEEE ISWCS, co-author
||Best Student Paper Award, IEEE PIMRC, co-author
||EWE Helene-Lange-Award for young scientists|
|01/2009-Present||Member of the "Junge Kolleg", North Rhine-Westphalia Academy of Science|
|2008||Best Paper Award, Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ATNAC)|
|2008 - 2010||Fast Track, postdoc scholarship, Robert Bosch Stiftung|
|2008||Borchers badge for an outstanding dissertation|
|2007||Vodafone development prize for natural and engineering sciences|
|2006||E-Plus dissertation award|
|2002||Springorum medal for an outstanding diploma graduation|
|10/1999 - 03/2000||ERASMUS Scholarship|
|08/2001 - 01/2007||e-fellows.net Scholarship|
|1997||Award of the German Chemical Industry Fund (best chemistry exam in A-levels)|
Other Academic Activities
- Guest editor, IEEE Internet of Things Journal Special Issue on AI-Enabled Internet of Dependable and Controllable Things, 2020.
- TPC Co-Chair of ISWCS 2020.
- Member of the expert group "Internet of Things". More information can be found here.
- IEEE Senior Member.
- Editor of the Elsevier-Collection "Big Data Analytics for Cyber-Physical Systems". More information can be found here.
- Founding Member of IEEE SIG on Big Data Intelligent Networking. More information can be found here.
- Guest editor for the special issue "Recent Advances in Optimization in Wireless Networks and Communications" for the EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2012.
- Recent Results Chair, ISIT 2017.
- Organizer of the 8th Sino-German Frontiers of Science Symposium, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 2015 (Bio-inspired Methods in Communications Engineering and Computer Science).
- Special sessions and tutorial chair ISWCS 2011
- Local organizer of the ITG Professional Group "Applied Information Theory", 2009
- Globecom (since 2016)
- IEEE WCNC (since 2016)
- WSA (since 2015)
- IEEE ICC (since 2015)
- IEEE BlackSeaCom (since 2014)
- IEEE PIMRC (since 2013)
- VTC Spring (2016)
- ITS (2014)
- IEEE VTC Fall (2013-2016, 2020)
- IEEE ISWCS (2013)
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- German Academic Scholarship Foundation
- Columbia University
- Northwestern University
Reviewer for Journals and Conferences
- Scientific Reports, Nature Research
- IEEE Communications Letters
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters
- IEEE Transactions on Communications
- IEEE Transactions on Information Theory
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- IET Signal Processing
- EURASIP Signal Processing
- EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking
- European Transactions on Telecommunications
- International Journal of Electronics and Communications
- Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies
- Journal of Cleaner Production
- Journal of Zhejiang University Science C (Computers & Electronics)
- Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing
- IEEE ITW'17
Research Areas &Projects
© ISEK at RWTH Aachen