The main research areas of the group are in the field of information theory, optimization of networks and biomedical problems and the analysis of the resulting data.
- Due to social distancing measures in place, please make an appointment with our staff before visiting the institute and remember to wear a mask when you come!
- The 5G-COMET project has started, learn more about it here.
- "Dr. Yulin Hu has been invited to serve as an Associate Editor for Frontiers in Communications and Networks".
- Our 5G COMET Proposal has been positively reviewed by 5GNRW.
- BMBF Project IMEDALytics in BMBF brochure, "Digitalisierung in der Medizintechnik".
- The Exploratory Research Space (ERS) of the RWTH has published a report on the Seedfund Project "Capacity Management of Railway Lines on the Basis of Queuing Systems and Higher-Dimensional Markov Chains". The project was carried out in cooperation with Prof. Dr.-Ing. Nils Nießen (VIA). More information can be found here.
- Yulin and Yao together with Prof Gursoy publish a paper in IEEE JSAC Special Issue on Wireless Transmission of Information and Power. The title of their paper is SWIPT-Enabled Relaying in IoT Networks Operating with Finite Blocklength Codes.
- Guido Dartmann, Anke Schmeink, Gunes Karalbulut, Gerd Ascheid, Lukas Martin and Arne Peine are organizing the IEEE International Workshop on Cyber-Medical Systems in conjunction with the IEEE International Conference on E-health Networking, Application & Services. More information can be found here.
- Yulin Hu is serving as the Chair of the special session "Ultra-Reliable, Low-Latency and Low-Power Transmissions in the Era of Internet-of-Things" at IEEE ISWCS 2018. Detailed information regarding the conference and special sessions can be found here.
- Anke Schmeink, Guido Dartmann and Houbing Song are editors of the forthcoming book "Big Data Analytics in Cyber-Physical Systems" of the Elsevier's "Smart Cities" series. Chapter proposal submission is May 15, 2018. Detailed information can be found in the PDF. More information about the new series can be found here.
- Yulin Hu serves as an editor for Physical Communication since Jan 1, 2018. Physical Communication (Elsevier) is an international journal with impact factor 1.58 and indexed by SCIE.
- Yulin Hu, M. Cent Gursoy and Anke Schmeink receive the PIMRC 2017 Best Paper Award for their contribution “Efficient Transmission Schemes for Low-Latency Networks: NOMA vs. Relaying”.
- Yulin Hu, Christopher Schnelling, Yassine Amraue and Anke Schmeink receive the ISWCS 2017 Best Paper Award Track I for their contribution “Finite Blocklength Performance of a Multi-Relay Network with Best Single Relay Selection”.
© ISEK at RWTH Aachen